Competencies measured by the ACT
CAAP: • Intermediate Algebra. Items in this category assess students'
understanding of exponents, rational expressions, and systems of linear
equations . Other concepts such as the quadratic formula and absolute
valueinequalities may also be tested.
• College Algebra. Items in this category
are based on advanced algebra concepts including rational exponents,
exponential and logarithmic functions, complex numbers , matrices,
inverses of functions, and domains and ranges.
Competencies measured by final test in College
Algebra: • Apply properties of real numbers.
• Simplify integral exponents.
• Add, subtract , multiply, and divide polynomials.
• Factor polynomials that are perfect squares trinomials, difference of
two squares, difference of two cubes, sum of two cubes , and trinomials
of the form ax2 + bx + c, where a = 1 and a is different from 1.
• Simplify rational expressions.
• Convert exp onential expressions to rational expressions and rational
expressions to exponential expressions.
• Rationalize numerators and denominators.
• Find the unknown side of a right triangle using the Pythagorean
• Use the distance formula to calculate distances between given points.
• Solve linear equations and transfer to real life applications.
• Solve quadratic equations using factoring, extracting the roots, and
completing the square, and the quadratic formula.
• Solve equations involving radicals, exponents, or absolute value.
• Plot points on the rectangular coordinate graph and find distance
between the points.
• Using the midpoint formula, calculate the coordinates of the midpoint.
• Graph linear equations.
• Find the slope and intercepts of linear equations.
• Fine the equation of a line, using point-slope form and the
slope-intercept form of an equation of a line.
• Find an equation of a line that is parallel and an equation of a line
that is perpendicular to a given line.
• Graph a circle, using the center and the radius.
• Find the equation of a circle, given the center and the radius.
• Solve application problems, using direct, inverse, and joint
• Find the domain and range of a relation.
• Using the definition of function, determine whether a given relation
is a function.
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide complex numbers.
• Use synthetic division to find the real roots of a polynomial.
• Solve and graph logarithmic equations.
• Solve and graph exponential equations.
• Solve application problems involving logarithmic and exponential
• Solve a system of two linear equations in two variables by graphing.
• Solve a system of two linear equations using the substitution andelimination methods .
• Use systems of linear equations to solve applied problems.
Indirect measures from alumni survey, student
• Student ratings of competency in the area of mathematics.
• Student ratings of instruction in the area of mathematics.
• Student ratings of preparation for transfer courses.
• ACT CAAP for graduating students;
used as a benchmark and aspirational measure
• Final tests in College Algebra, the college
level mathematics course taken by the majority of students in transfer
• Indirect evidence from CSC Alumni Survey and
other program level surveys
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)