1. Make time in your schedule to learn; you
cannot take shortcuts.
2. Read each section in your textbook and answer the questions in the
guide before you go to class.
To read a section, first read the objectives, headings, and any boxed
information. This will give you a preview of what to expect . Then, read
section carefully, trying the examples and filling in missing steps. If
don’t understand something, write your question in the margin next to
words or problem you don’t understand.
3. Take notes in class, trying to understand as the teacher presents
examples and explains concepts.
4. Do your homework (It should be easier after the previous two steps ).
Make sure to understand what you are doing and be able to solve each
problem completely and correctly by yourself.
5. Carry on a conversation with yourself as you work, asking as you
each problem, “What is this? What is my goal? What should my answer look
like when I am done?” Then, as you work a problem ask, “What property
al lows me to take this step?” And at the end, “ Does my answer make
How can I check it?”
6. Maintain a great attitude about learning Algebra; people who have a
attitude find it easier to learn, and those who learn algebra well
7. Go to the lab or your instructor’s office and get help when you need
Check your answer using the distributive property.
7. Factor in two ways:
a. Factor out a common monomial factor of 3
b. Factor out a common monomial factor of –3
8. Give an example of a binomial whose greatest common factor is 5x.
Then, factor it.
9. Under line the common binomial factors in the following polynomials,
and then factor the binomials out. Some polynomials may not have a
common binomial factor, in which case you will not be able to factor it.
10. Factor by grouping
11. The area of a rectangle can be represented by the polynomial .
Find the dimensions of the rectangle.
(Explain how you
know these must be the dimensions.)
12. Find a polynomial that factors as
Section 6.2 Factoring Trinomials
Read section 6.2, pages 330 – 334 and answer the following questions as you
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)