Test #2 will be given on Thursday, March 12. It will
include material from Sections 1.4, 7.2, and
9.1 – 9.7. Be sure to bring your calculator to the test. If you forget your
calculator or if your
calculator is not working, go to the Math/Science Center in Room 02 Macklin
Tower to get a
short- term calculator loan.
MAKEUP POLICY: If you know in advance that you have to miss a quiz or
test, you can make
arrangements with me to take the quiz or test before it is given in
class. Otherwise, no makeup
quizzes will be given. If you miss an hour test, it may be made up only if you
• Do not have more than one unexcused absence during the time period covered on
• Contact me on or before the scheduled test date.
• Can prove that you have a legitimate excuse.
• Show me all homework on the relevant material.
If you do not meet these conditions, you will not be permitted to take a
makeup test and the
percentage equivalent of your final exam grade will be substituted for the grade
of the missed
test. o student will be permitted to take more than one makeup test.
ACADEMIC HONESTY: All students are expected to do their own work on
quizzes and tests.
Students are expected to observe the following rules during any test or quiz.
• Students may not use or even hold a cell phone or any other electronic device.
• Students may not speak to or share materials with other students.
• Students should have all materials ready at the beginning of the quiz or test.
• Students should remain in the room during the entire test or quiz.
Appropriate penalties will be imposed for breaches of academic honesty.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE MASTERED THE FOL LOWING TOPICS A D SKILLS FOR
Inverse Functions; Exponential and Logarithmic Functions and Equations
• Draw the graph of an inverse function if you are given the graph of a
• Find the equation of the inverse of a function.
• Sketch by hand and recognize a general graph of an exponential function f (x)
= ax and of a
logarithmic function ; state the domain and
range of such functions.
• Know the meaning of a logarithm and a logarithmic function.
• Evaluate expressions involving logarithms.
• Use the power property of logarithms to solve exponential equations.
• Solve equations involving logarithms by converting to exponential form.
• Use exponential and logarithmic models to solve applied problems.
TO PREPARE FOR THIS TEST:
Make sure that you can do all homework and worksheet problems.
Read your textbook, paying special attention to the Chapter Summary and Review
at the end of
Make sure you know all the important formulas and properties.
Do the following review exercises for each chapter, using your book and/or notes
to help if you
have any difficulties.
Check your answers for the review exercises and when you feel you have mastered
you should be ready to do the following problems in the Chapter Tests without
looking at your
book or notes.
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)