Test covers sections 1.1 - 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 2.1 in the
textbook, GCM, and WebAssign.
No calculators , no books, no notes, no friends. Cell phones, PDAs, computers,
electronic devices will not be allowed on your desk during the test.
The test will include questions similar to the homework and class examples. You
able to do all the homework and class examples. There may be some questions
from those you have seen, but the questions will use the ideas we have studied,
putting them together slightly differently.
You should know - be able to do the following:
• Simplify expressions and write them using positive exponents only.
• Work with rational exponents.
• Evaluate an expression for given values of the variables.
• Evaluate roots.
• Convert between radical notation and rational exponent notation.
• Use absolute value appropriately when simplifying roots.
• Simplify radical expressions.
• Add, subtract , and multiply radical expressions.
• Rationalize the denominator of a radical expression.
• Solve story problems similar to what we have done.
• Solve linear inequalities, and compound inequalities .
• Solve product inequalities and quotient inequalities by using a sign chart.
Remember, for quotient inequalities, we must keep the denominator!
• Solve absolute value inequalities involving <,≤ ,>, ≥.
• Find the domain of a radical expression, especially one that involves a
• Find the slope of a line , and the equation of a line given particular
• Use the slope-intercept form and point-slope form of the equation of a line.
• Work with parallel and perpendicular lines, vertical and horizontal lines.
• Evaluate a function for particular values, including piecewise-defined
• Find the difference quotient for a function.
• Find the domain of a function.
• Write answers using interval notation, when appropriate.
Formulas to know and be able to use
• factoring sum and difference of cubes, difference of squares
• given two points : distance formula, midpoint formula, slope of a line.
• point-slope form and slope-intercept form of equation of a line
• equations of vertical and horizontal lines
• standard form of circle (x − h)2 + (y − k)2
• area and perimeter of rectangle, square, volume of a box
• Pythagorean Theorem
• the discriminant
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)