The exam covers concepts learned in Lessons 3.1, 4.1, and
4.2. The following objectives were introduced:
1. Identify the x-axis, y-axis, quadrants, and the origin
of an xy plane
2. Identify the x- coordinate and the y -coordinate of an ordered pair .
3. Plot ordered pairs on the xy-plane.
4. Identify the signs of the coordinates in each quadrant.
5. Understand subscript notation.
6. Use the geometric interpretation and the algebraic definition of rise and
7. Find the distance between two points using the Pythagorean Theorem or the
8. Find the equation of thecircle given the center and radius.
9. State the center and radius of a circle given the equation.
10. Recognize a linear equation in two variables.
11. Identify solutions of linearequations in two variables .
12. Graph a linear equation by plotting ordered pairs.
13. Graph horizontal and vertical lines and recognize their equations.
14. Determine the intercepts of a linear equation.
15. Graph a linear equation using the intercepts.
16. Find the slope of a line given two points.
17. Define positive slope , negative slope, zero slope, and undefined slope.
18. Graph a line given a point and the slope.
19. Graph parallel and perpendicular lines and find their slopes
20. Find the equation of the line given a point on the line and the slope.
21. Use the point-slope form of the equation of a line.
22. Find the equation of the line given two points on the line.
23. Use the slope-intercept form of the equation of a line
24. Find the equations of horizontal or vertical lines.
To study for the exam:
1. review material on the CD
2. in your PAN for each lesson (3.1, 4.1, 4.2)
• review objectives (pages 223-225, 258-259, 279-280)
• read the EXPLAIN sections and do the sample problems for EXPLAIN and EXPLORE
(pages 207-221, 241-256, 267-276)
• do the HOMEWORK (pages 226-228, 260-260, 281-282)
• review the APPLY practice problems you have done (pages 229-233, 262-264,
• do the EVALUATE practice test (pages 234-235, 265-266, 286) (note: answers to
all questions for the EVALUATE practice test may be found at the back of your
1. Consider the points (-4, 3) and (5, 0), and find the
slope of the line that joins these two points.
2. Find the rise and the run in moving from the point (-1,
2) to the point (4, -7).
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)