The course is designed for students in technical programs
who have minimal
mathematics backgrounds ( pre - algebra arithmetic skills). The course is designed
give the student an understanding of introductory algebra covering topics such
polynomials, linear equations and their solutions, solving systems of linear
factoring, and quadratic equations. Also, the metric system, ratio and
geometry, and trigonometry will be emphasized. A large number of applications
integrated throughout the course.
MAT 051 or assessment
Upon successful completion of this course, the student
should be able to:
1. Use the Metric system in solving problems.
2. Convert from one unit to another within the Metric system.
3. Perform conversions between the Metric and English systems of
4. Perform the basic operations involving polynomials.
5. Be able to factor polynomials , specifically binomials and trinomials,
as well as be able to determine those polynomials that are not factorable .
6. Solve linear , rational, and quadratic equations in one variable.
7. Solve systems of linear equations graphically and algebraically.
8. Use slope, slope- intercept form and/or point slope form to find
equations of lines.
9. Use algebraic techniques to solve practical (real-life) problems.
10. Demonstrate an understanding of basic plane geometric shapes by
finding perimeter and area.
11. Complete the surface area and volume of specific solids.
12. Use trigonometry to solve problems involving triangles.
13. Use graphs and charts to interpret results as they apply to real -life
14. Solve problems dealing with ratio, proportion, and variation.
D. Equations and Formulas
2. Translating Words into Algebraic Symbols
3. Applications Involving Simple Equations
4. Equations with Variables in Both Members
5. Equations with Parentheses
6. Equations with Fractions
8. Substituting Data into Formulas
E. Ratio and Proportion
3. Direct Variation
4. Inverse Variation
F. Graphing Linear Equations
1. Linear Equations in Two Variables
2. Graphing Linear Equations
3. The Slope of a Line
4. The Equation of a Line
G. Systems of Linear Equations
1. Solving Pairs of Linear Equations by Graphing
2. Solving Pairs of Linear Equations by Addition
3. Applications Involving Pairs of Linear Equations
4. Solving Pairs of Linear Equations by Substitution
H. Factoring Algebraic Expressions
1. Finding Monomial Factors
2. Finding the Product of Two Binomials Mentally
3. Finding Binomial Factors
4. Special Products
5. Finding Factors of Special Products
6. Factoring General Trinomials
I. Quadratic Equations
1. Solving Quadratic Equations by Factoring
2. The Quadratic Formula
1. Angles and Polygons
5. Radian Measure
8. Pyramids and Cones
K. Trigonometry 1. Trigonometric Ratios
2. Using Trigonometric Ratios To Find Angles
3. Using Trigonometric Ratios To Find Sides
4. Solving Right Triangles
5. Solving Oblique Triangles: The Sine Law
6. Sine Law: The Ambiguous Case
7. Solving Oblique Triangles: The Cosine Law
Start solving your Algebra Problems
in next 5 minutes!
Download (and optional CD)
Click to Buy Now:
2Checkout.com is an authorized reseller
of goods provided by Sofmath
Attention: We are
currently running a special promotional offer
for Algebra-Answer.com visitors -- if you order
Algebra Helper by midnight of
you will pay only $39.99
instead of our regular price of $74.99 -- this is $35 in
savings ! In order to take advantage of this
offer, you need to order by clicking on one of
the buttons on the left, not through our regular
If you order now you will also receive 30 minute live session from tutor.com for a 1$!
You Will Learn Algebra Better - Guaranteed!
Just take a look how incredibly simple Algebra Helper is:
: Enter your homework problem in an easy WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) algebra editor:
Step 2 :
Let Algebra Helper solve it:
Step 3 : Ask for an explanation for the steps you don't understand:
Algebra Helper can solve problems in all the following areas:
simplification of algebraic expressions (operations
with polynomials (simplifying, degree, synthetic division...), exponential expressions, fractions and roots
(radicals), absolute values)